Listen to the music:
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/01-Ahi-Wela_Mele-Kahoolawe.m4a” text=”Ahi Wela/Mele Kaho’olawe” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/02-Pauoa-Ka-Liko-Ka-Lehua.m4a” text=”Pauoa Ka Liko Ka Lehua” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/03-Ka-Leo-O-Ka-Manu.m4a” text=”Ka Leo O Ka Manu” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/04-Ka-Uluwehi-O-Ke-Kai.m4a” text=”Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/05-Ka-Pua-Ui.m4a” text=”Ka Pua U’i” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/06-Heeia.m4a” text=”He’eia” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/07-Fly-Me-To-The-Moon.m4a” text=”Fly Me To The Moon” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/08-Mokuleia.m4a” text=”Mokule’ia” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/09-Ka-Aina-O-Oahu.m4a” text=”Ka ‘Aina O O’ahu” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/10-Waialae.m4a” text=”Wai’alae” dl=”0″]
- [wpaudio url=”http://www.pahinuihawaiianband.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/11-Lei-Nani.m4a” text=”Lei Nani” dl=”0″]
Following in the footsteps of his father, Gabby Pahinui, Hawaiian music master Cyril Pahinui has brought together a group of close friends and family to form the “Pahinui Hawaiian Band” and carry on the Pahinui legacy. Included are his longtime friend and steel guitarist, Greg Sardinha, nephew Kunia Galdeira, and well-known slack key and bass player Sonny Lim.
Recorded at practice sessions at sma‘Kine Recordings studio in Olomana for their annual performance at the Gabby Pahinui Waimānalo Kanikapila. The Pahinui Hawaiian Band presents an eclectic selection of favorites that showcase the diverse and remarkable talents of the individuals who make up the group. Selections revisit the past with Pahinui family traditions filled with symbolic lyrics that define ideology and develop Hawaiian solidarity, a few newly composed first time recordings, unique arrangements of some Hawaiian classics, and even a step outside the Hawaiian catalog.
The Pahinui Hawaiian Band continues to perpetuate the vibrant, full, and rich sound that only the Pahinui family can create. Their incomparable arrangements and enjoyable stage presence have already won the hearts of fans worldwide. Doing what they do best, the Pahinui Hawaiian Band in their backyard style, just plays how they feel and plays from the heart.